Are you trying to grow your small business?
Are you struggling with search engine optimization?
Search Engine Optimization, or “seo” for short, is the search engines’ vernacular for how search engines work. They are simply machines that search through all of the information on the internet looking for connections between words. These search engines then use this information to determine how relevant a site is to an individual search query and will return results which it believes are likely to be most useful. The websites that show up first in the search results are considered by search engine evaluators (people employed by the search engine) as being the most authoritative sources for specific search queries . Websites who wish to move up in their respective rankings must implement seo.
To search engines, a webpage is not a webpage without keywords. Websites are created to share information, and search engines search for specific words which they believe will lead their users to the information that they want or need. Since search engine evaluators utilize this information when determining rankings, it is important that websites have search terms included throughout their webpages in order to successfully accomplish seo. There are several different types of search terms, each serving its own purpose: primary search terms , secondary search terms , tertiary search terms , etc.; however, the most important to note as a small business owner are primary search terms as they will appear as titles on your website and in metadata . This being said, every page should have at least one primary search term in the title of the page, and one or two search terms should be included in either the headings or throughout the body content.
Primary search terms are words that represent what your business is, what it does, who you serve, etc.; these search terms will allow users to find your website through search engines if they are looking for a business like yours. Most search queries are entries where users are specifically looking for businesses similar to yours . Secondary search terms are words that have some relation to your primary search terms but may not actually be fitting all by themselves , so they appear less frequently on pages within your site. Tertiary search terms are even more specific than secondary search terms and do not typically include any keywords at all. They are search terms that include specific locations or references to times of day, days of the week, or seasons.
Google search results are based on many different factors, one being how well your website is optimized for search engines . With search engine optimization you can make it so search engines easily find your site and send traffic its way by including keywords throughout your website. This makes search engines happy because they are able to return relevant search results that their users are trying to find, which in turn gives the people who use the internet what they want. Most users will simply look through the first few search results returned because if they cannot find what they were looking for within these first few pages, then their search has failed them . It is crucial for small business owners to remember that search engine optimization is about search engines and their users, not search engines and the small businesses that they represent. No matter what your website offers or who you offer it to, search engines determine how well your site ranks because of search terms .
Since search engine evaluations rely on keywords as a way of determining rankings, those websites with pages containing search terms will be ranked higher than those which do not . This allows search engines like Google and Yahoo! to fulfill their goal as information providers by making sure that users have access to the most relevant results for their search queries . If you would like more tips about seo then visit our blog where we have many different posts about seo including post about seo starter guide, ppc, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, or search engine optimization blogging .
Here are ten ways that you can incorporate search terms into your website to make it more searchable and optimize your seo strategy:
1. Optimize Your Page Title Tags – First things first, search engine evaluators look at the title tags on web pages when determining rankings for specific keywords or search terms . Putting your most important search term in the beginning of this tag will catch the eye of search engines and entice them to rank your page higher than other pages with similar content . Title tags appear differently in search results; however, they should be unique from one another and contain a search term relevant to your post .
2. Optimize Your Meta Tags – Meta tags are search engine terms that search engines use to search for search terms within your website . While many people do not think about meta tags, search engines consider them when ranking webpages because they can help search engines understand what a specific webpage may be about before evaluating the title tag and body content of the page . Make sure you include at least one primary search term in your first paragraph and also sprinkle other search terms throughout other paragraphs on this important webpage component.
3. Optimize Your Page Heading Tags – Similar to meta tags, search engine evaluators look at page headings as well as their accompanying links because they can give hints as to the topic of the webpage . According to search engine evaluators, search terms placed in heading tags can affect search term rankings on a search engine results page . For this reason, search engines place a lot of stock into the words that appear within heading tags and whether or not they are relevant to search terms.
4. Optimize Your Body Content – While many website owners only focus on optimizing their webpages for search engines by using key phrases or search terms within their title tag and meta description , others forget about the all-important body content . The words that appear throughout your body content should be considered searchable because search engines use them as clues as to what your webpage may be about . As always, it is best to have your most important search term at the beginning of a sentence and at least two search terms sprinkled throughout your body content.
5. Optimize Your Internal Linking – This search engine optimization strategy involves using search term-rich text within your internal linking . It is best to add search term clues in the anchor text that accompanies links on your webpages . In addition, search engines also look at where you are linking from and to when determining search results rankings for specific search terms . Make sure you link to important pages within your website with relevant search terms for increased search traffic.
6. Optimize Your Anchor Text – Search engine evaluators use the keywords or phrases in hyperlinks as a way to understand how they relate to other webpages indexed by search engines . Using relevant search terms in the anchor text that accompanies your website links will increase search engine traffic to those webpages or posts . While search engines do not prefer websites that utilize exact search term matches for their internal linking, they do look at the search terms within hyperlinks as a way to understand content relevancy.
7. Optimize Your Images – When search engines crawl your webpage, they ignore images and other media files . However, you can use these components as a way to include search terms on your site because search engine crawlers do check them when determining search results . Using descriptive file names is one of the best ways to give clues as to what your image may be about.…